During the Thanksgiving holiday many of us sit down with family and friends to celebrate and reflect on all that we have to be grateful for. We did just that here at our headquarters, enjoying each other’s company and fine food at a potluck lunch.
It got me to thinking about how much I have to be thankful for as a small business leader. There are so many things, but I’ve narrowed it down to five:
- At a time when there is so much uncertainty regarding the Federal Budget, I appreciate that we have been given an opportunity time and time again to make a difference in programs that are important to our nation, and I look forward to new opportunities that await us, whatever form they take.
- I know that with tenacity, small companies can succeed. I am grateful that my partner Chris and I were able to break into the “big leagues” of prime government contracts when we were still very small through full and open competition.
- I value that, in America, it is easy to set up your own business and follow your dreams.
- I have an immense appreciation for our employees who collectively embody a passion for making a difference in our customer’s missions, in the community and in the development of meaningful careers.
- I feel fortunate to have a business partner and leadership team who share the same values and passions. We could never have done this together if that were not the case.
It’s tempting these days to worry about the future, but there’s never a better time than now to be thankful for both the successes we’ve achieved and the challenges that propel us to strive even harder. Best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving holiday.