TSA Earns "All Green" Scores with the Support of Team Integrity
Support Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Acquisition Services and Analysis (ASA) to achieve a high-scoring portfolio that leads to improved performance management.
Team Integrity has collaborated with ASA since 2006 to implement acquisition and program management outreach support, including strategic planning, enterprise-wide acquisition and capital planning investment control (CPIC) expertise. We help define and document needs, assess cost effectiveness of alternative solutions, and then manage costs, schedules, and technical performance. Within capital planning, the team provides functional support in these areas:
- Thought leadership throughout capital planning investment control cycle
- Year-round submission management support for all aspects of OMB Exhibit 300/53
- Integrated Product Team (IPT) support
- CPIC and OMB Exhibit 300/53 training
“Green Scores” across the full investment portfolio and process
Integrity partnered with TSA to achieve an “all green” scorecard three years’ straight. During the FY13 cycle, they raised the initial average score by nearly 35%, resulting in the highest-scoring DHS portfolio. Of significant scale and scope, this portfolio consisted of 15 varying types of investments spanning multiple phases of the investment life cycle.
How did we help TSA achieve these scores? Our partnership resulted in …
- greatly improved capital planning processes and scores
- improved organizational efficiency through the use of IPT support
- investments well-prepared for program and portfolio reviews
- better trained TSA workforce
“Your guidance and patience were extremely helpful … and you really went above and beyond the call of duty to help us understand all of the changes [to the process] this year.”
— TSA’s Electronic Baggage Screening Program, Office of Security Technology